Monday, August 30, 2010

This is...fantastic*. I am afraid of it and awed by it and I experience a whole spectrum of emotions when I watch it. You should really check it out - but...


...wait for it...



"Don't take my word for it!"**




Aaaaaahahahahahahaahah! Please don't hurt me Other Dimension Reading Rainbow!


It gets very breathy and intense and then menacing - like it is reading out your crimes and then assigning your punishment. You know it hates you.
It makes me weirdly nervous and excited. I laugh with peeled back eyes and a frozen mouth and think about what I can do to appease it.

Then  I started hunting down other slow motion videos. There is a whole world out there! Here is one of a laughing baby I found. It makes me giggle and feel creeped out. 

Jump ahead to the :47 mark!




Hahaha! It's like if Ursula from the Little Mermaid became a bum! 




*You have to have been raised on this show for it to have powers over you. My husband listened to it and was nonplussed. He has, however, found it amusing to follow me around and imitate the monster. I told him you shouldn't ever taunt such things...


**Again, you'd have to know the show to get this and even then ...it isn't, you know, funny.



19 comments:

  1. damn computer blocking the videos!!! i'll have to check this out a bit later on me laptop

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm listening to the baby while I write this. It's so effing creepy and hilarious. I think I'm scared. There might be tears in my eyes.

    The RR video was so weird. I might never be able to make reference to it again.

    *huh huh ahuuuh huh huhhh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is horrifying...but I've still had the Reading Rainbow theme stuck in my head all day at work. I loved that show!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I thought that opening was trippy before!

    Now it's like the demonic love child of LSD and Crystal Meth.

    I remember when I first starting watching Star Trek the Next Generation and realized the dude with a hair clip over his eyes was the Reading Rainbow dude!

    Levar Burton, you lucky bastard: playing two iconic roles (well, three, I suppose, with Roots).

    I guess what I'm saying is that Levar Burton is truly a king among men, and his kingdom began with Reading Rainbow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's like if Ursula from the Little Mermaid became a bum!

    Only cute. With fewer tentacles. And a different smell. Though not all that different, I guess. Less seafoody?

    I have a friend that says all babies look like Winston Churchill, and I must admit, she's pretty spot on in this case.

    OK, so if I go to sleep tonight and have nightmares wherein Churchill is wandering some dark Lovecraftian landscape propelled by a mass of tentacular appendages, pausing occasionally to gaze into my eyes and rumble the phrase "Take a look; it's in a book!" in persistent attempts to drive me mad, then I am officially banning you from my headspace.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Falen - The baby delights me as well!

    @Summer - HAHA! *huh huh ahuuuh huh huhhh* Heheheheheeee!

    @Ashlie - Me too! Lavar came to my school. Well, he came to the middle school but the high school kids were not allowed to attend. What a Snobby Bobby that Lavar is.

    @Teebore - YES! He did wear a Banana Clip of the 80's fame over his eyes! I always thought that too!


    @Your Blind Spot - ...pausing occasionally to gaze into my eyes and rumble the phrase "Take a look; it's in a book!" in persistent attempts to drive me mad

    YES. See, you *get* it. This is what I mean. It will bend time and space in an attempt to twist you up in its madness. I know you know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too can't see videos right now! Boo! I'll be back. You've been warned.

    WV: jingless- when your Xmas sleighride just wasn't what you thought it would be but then again, it never is.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I caaaaaan beeeeee aaaannnyyythiiiing! Like a monster that's going to eat your face!! WTH?! That's not even right, Joan. I got chills and I'm sure I'm going to have nightmares. I'll have to use the evil of the Speak and Spell to ward off the evil of the Levar Burton in slo-mo.

    And the baby! OMFG!! I can't stop laughing but it's the freakiest thing I've ever seen!!! WHY WON'T IT STOP?!!! IT JUST KEEPS GOING AND GOING AND GOING!!

    Reason #3645 why I'm not having kids. I'm just waiting for that babies head to spin around and shoot spinach out of it's mouth.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I checked out the real video and the baby's laugh is adorable in RL but when it's possessed by Shosha, not so cool.

    ReplyDelete

  10. I'm sorry to say that Reading Rainbow is from after my time. I was a Sesame Street, Mister Rogers, and especially (original) The Electric Company kid; my first exposure to Reading Rainbow was in college when folks with younger siblings than mine (or maybe more babysitting exprerience) corroborated one another's stories that Geordi LaForge did indeed host a show on PBS.

    Good call with Ursula on that laughing baby. You really want to have your mind blown, though, listen to Justin Bieber slowed down 800%.

    I thought you might like to know, as if you didn't already (Stalkerrrrr!!!), that I've not only updated my blog but uploaded a new photo showing off my dimples. De nada.

    VW: ricoherm — Rico SuavĂ©'s multiple- genitaled sibling?

    ReplyDelete

  11. Much as I hate to leave the 13th comment, I feel compelled to link directly to the music and not just to my post on it, since it's not actually embedded on my blog. Sorry for that!

    ...

    Am I really old enough to have babysat you kids?

    VW: countog — 1. Someone who monopolizes all the numbers. 2. [Count O.G.] Little-seen "original gangsta" version of Sesame Street's The Count.

    ReplyDelete
  12. creepy creepy creepy baby. I think I really should not have watched this directly before bed. And what the hay? How have I not checked your blog since August?!

    ReplyDelete
  13. ME TOOO!!!!!!!!!!OOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!


    VW: NuAdMist - the constant, fine spray of ads utilizing bare skin to sell products

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aw, you guys*!!! I know, I know - I need to get back on this thing already. Real life people are always vying for my time now though. It's always "We never talk anymore" this and "Are you going to be on the internet all night?" that. And to that I want to yell "Good! And yes!" but I don't. Instead I put on a smart outfit, I tidy my makeup and I smile until I can't feel the anger anymore**. It's like I am dancing on air, I tell you!

    *Except Blam.

    **Well, not in my head anyway. I stuff it down to my esophagus at least. Then I work on my posture in the mirror and I say "This is not the way an angry girl looks." over and over again. And do you know what, My Little Sparrows? It works, it really and truly does!

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Joan: hen I work on my posture in the mirror and I say "This is not the way an angry girl looks." over and over again. And do you know what, My Little Sparrows? It works, it really and truly does!

    Seriously, come back. Now. :)

    ReplyDelete