"Oh, I'm sew heppy!" Name the movie this line comes from and earn my respect - forever! It is a comedy from the 80's. That's as much as I remember.
"Another list? You silly little cow!" Is what you are thinking and yes - I do have actual words to post but mostly, you're right. I am rather bovine in mentality.
But she's a spirited little heifer isn't she?
Here's why: Things that make me heppy.
Weird Dudes That Percolate My Coffee Grinds (If you know what I mean *wink*) Wait, don't go. That's creepy, I admit. Maybe nobody else says this? Stay, stay - I promise to get less weird*
Pictured Above: What I think about when you say "sex". Have you seen Sense and Sensibility? His voice! The things I'd like to hear that man say..."Please, madam, I've asked you many times to refrain from touching me."
I've had a crush on him since Jurassic Park. Him and dinosaurs.LOST (specifically, Sayid)
Say, is that a torcha scrunchie you have on? No, no - leave it in...The final season of Lost is like Christmas. So exciting! But it is also the Christmas that you realize Santa is going to die! Just you tell me what I am supposed to do when it ends. Seriously, what will I do?! I want Lost to go on forever. An episode of Claire doing the laundry and Jack fixing a fence (and of course, finding some reason to cry about it)? I'll take it!
My Books and Magazines. I prefer second hand books but detest - no, loathe - second hand magazines. That shit better be fresh and shiny when I get to it.
Old Timey Posters
Back when smoking made you prettyMy Bookmark
My Iceland Mug
Weird Old Timey Pictures
Both of these are from 1897 and they were put into a special viewer (do any of you know of this? If so, please tell me the name of it) that caused the images to produce a 3D effect. The man at the shop tells me these were the HD TVs of the turn of the century. I wish I had a viewer but they are around $150 - $200. The cards are cheap though, about 2 bucks. I also have a pic from 1896 of a dude with side burns that would put Burnside to shame. I'll post it when I find it.
"I say! Did someone challenge me to a duel?" Quiet, Ambrose, go back to dead.There you have it, kiddos. Now get the hell off my lawn.
*As long as you promise to get more weird and also, I promise nothing.
I am totally with you on the Jeff Goldblum love! And Sayid, of course.
ReplyDeletelurved him in Sense and Sensibility. yes, yes ;P
ReplyDeleteJack would cry over building a fence. Great big giant jears.
Madame Stafford! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA! I'm telling!
p.s. your blog makes me sad cause I can't post the verification words cause it doesn't come up until after I hit post comment and then I can't change or add to my comment ;-;
Why, Joan - the viewer for those wonderful antique photos is called a 'stereopticon'. Better yet, I've seen 'em for as low as $95! Here is a link I found that may be of use: http://www.goantiques.com/detail,stereopticon-viewer,2163814.html
ReplyDeleteThat old timey poster is straight up awesome sauce. Also i asked for World War Z for my birthday - i hopes i gets it.
ReplyDeleteI've never been called a "little sqiggly" before. It made my day
"Please, madam, I've asked you many times to refrain from touching me. . . because my heart belongs to Melanie." I love Alan Rickman in the most holy, yet unholy manner. Have you ever picked up on my casual references to Professor Snape? Duh! I suppose we'll just have to fight over him now.
ReplyDeleteI am so glad Nikki posted a link to your blog... it is lovely fun!
ReplyDeleteThe gnomes from Iceland are Christmas gnomes... you can read more about them here http://www.nordicway.com/search/Santas_Nordic.htm if you scroll down to the bit about Iceland.
Wait... are you saying everyone DOESN'T call me Madame Stafford?! I'll have to do something to fix this now. Ahem...
ReplyDeleteThose old-timey pictures are wicked. My grandparents had a stereoptican (humanebean beat me to using the awesome word) and I remember as a kid wondering why there were two pictures when one would do... and why exactly do they need a magnifying glass for it?! But I spent hours looking through it anyway at these amazing photos. They both died a couple of years ago and I have no idea what happened to the photos... or the stereopticon. Hm. I really should ask my dad about it.
Oh, and yes... Alan Rickman is the reason I think Severus Snape is HOT. I lurve him.
Thanks for the book shout-out!! That gave me the giggles...
Is the quote from Robin Hood: Men in tights? Oh, yes! I think it is! And Maid Marianne is SEW happy right before the little blue bird makes a happy little doo doo on her finger!
ReplyDeleteHa!
One of my faves!
@Ashlie - Yeah, I loves me some Jeff Goldblum :)
ReplyDelete@Sonshine - Sense and Sensibility never fails to um...well, let's just say I find Alan VERY palatable. I will try and fix my posting thing!
@Humanebean - Awesome! Thanks for the link - I love those things. Also, your comment on Nikki's blog about my bangs - pricelss :)
@Falen - Yeah, World War Z is a really fun read. I love thinking about the apocalypse. I have an entire fortress already planned out. For reals, I even have a rough design drawn out. One word - Flamethrowers. After all, we will get bored and need something fun to watch. That and a giant trench that is filled with acid...anyway - whew, I need to calm down.
@Melanie - Yay! For Alan Rickman Love! I never knew you had the hots for Snape - that's my second favorite Rickman character. Snape is really hot. Yeah...
@Gillian - Thank you :) Thanks for the link too, I am very interested about these little creatures!
@Nikki - Snape is HOT - I am so happy to be getting all this understanding and encouragement from you ladies, I thought I was alone! Happy to put your books on my page, Madame, and thanks so much for that AWESOME intro on your page - aw shucks *kicks a pebble*
@Jenn - Yes! Man I haven't seen that in FOREVER! I am going to rent it this week - to help me with the Lost withdrawl pains :)
Dang, Jenn beat me to it. I totally knew that was from Men in Tights (TIGHT tights!). I swear.
ReplyDeletethey creep me out and so I keep them around.
Keep your enemeies close and all that.
Wow, this season of Lost IS like the Christmas Santa dies. What an appropriate and depressing analogy.
Jeff Goldblum is the bomb. He cracks me the eff up all throughout Jurassic Park. Did you ever see the SNL Celebrity Jeopardy sketch with David Duchovny playing him? It was hilarious! "Ah, that's the LETTER two."
Since "Truly, Madly, Deeply" We have always referred to him as "The Rickman". My husband thinks he's hot too.
ReplyDeleteTanyam
I love Alan Rickman as well. "I'm gonna cut yo' heart out with a SPOON!"
ReplyDelete"Why a spoon, cousin?"
"Because it's DULL it'll hurt mo'"
Sorry, I loved him in Robin Hood.
Jeff Goldblum is always Jeff Goldblum. And that makes my heart smile.
I so want your Iceland mug!! I love mugs! And creepy mugs?! That's delicious!
Torcha scrunchie?! hahahahahahaha!!
Teebore's right, that Lost analogy is perfect. It is the Christmas Santa comes, gives you everything you always wanted and then drops dead on top of it so you can't really enjoy your presents without thinking about his death.
Gravies - all of our comments on top of your delicious dinner post.
I like Ambrose Burnside, old-timey posters, and books too. I'll pass on Alan Rickman, though.
ReplyDeleteThe only thing cooler would be if your bookmark said "DON'T PANIC" on it.
@Teebore - Hehehe - tight tights! Jeff was fantastic in Jurassic Park. I haven't seen that movie in what - 18 years? I never saw the sequels...maybe I should check them out.
ReplyDelete@Tanyam - I think I too am going to have to start calling him The Rickman :D
@Palindrome - Yeah, we call Sayid's hair tie his Torcha Scrunchie! I never thought a dude putting in a scrunchie would be hot but - boy, oh, boy was I ever wrong.
"...gives you everything you always wanted and then drops dead on top of it so you can't really enjoy your presents without thinking about his death." Exactly!
@Postman - Hi, thanks for commenting on my blog :) I am going to really search for my other sideburn guy now. You'll leave Ambrose in the dust.
I never saw the sequels...maybe I should check them out.
ReplyDeleteThe first one is the best, but the following two are fun in a "people getting chased by dinosaurs" kinda way. Though Goldblum is missing from the third one. But he's joined in the second one by the gorgeous Julianne Moore and a pre-funny Vince Vaughn.
Old Timey Posters
ReplyDeleteI see the appeal, eh. She is having your bangs!
My Iceland Mug
And I am having a very similar chalice! Oh the stereopticoncordance... Mine has the trickery of changing pictures; when the mead's temperature becomes substandard, the wee men who resemble my uncle have eaten the cat.
...
Verification word: Jealous much?
Alan Rickman has no junk! I have seen it on the cinema, eh, so it must be true!
ReplyDeleteJeff Goldblum is the bomb.
ReplyDeleteQuick! Stooone him, eh! Loose his swarthy, gangly atomic power and we shall all end up happy in the Airport of Los Angeles!
@Teebore - Yeah, I am down with dinosaurs chasing people :) Julianne Moore is a babe, I concur.
ReplyDelete@Evil Blam - Bwahaha! I just dribbled coffee on myself. Alan Rickman must have junk - how does he get that voice?! "Swarthy, gangly atomic power" Hahaha!
She does have my bangs :) Aw, that made me feel good - you're losing your touch...
Hi Joan!!! This funny post make me happy too!!!!
ReplyDeleteI like dinosaurs from Jurassik Park, there they is like real! And of course, I am totally agree with all what you write about LOst! Have a great time, with season of Lost!!!! =)
HI Jenea!!! Yeah, Jurassic Park was very life-like, I loved that movie when I was a kid. When does Lost air in Moldova?
ReplyDeleteAlan Rickman must have junk
ReplyDeleteI think EB's talking about Kevin Smith's Dogma, where Rickman played the angel Metatron and did indeed display his lack of junk.
I loved that movie when I was a kid.
ReplyDeleteOy gevalt. Like I wasn't feeling old enough today... Did you go trick-or-treating as Hilary Clinton?
@Blam - Yeah! I forgot about that - he was still great in that one too even sans junk. Ha! No, but I did go as Batman one year. I had on an awesome rubber mask, black pants, a dark purple (alas, no black) sweater with a batman sticker on the front and a towel for a cape. Pretty Rad! :D
ReplyDeleteLoved your bit about comparing LOST to the death of St. Nick. I'll have to remember that one. Drop by my page if you ever feel like bouncing Lost theories back n' forth
ReplyDelete@ArtforLife42 - Hey, thanks for stopping by! If you're looking for some great Lost discussions, you should head on over to Nik at Nite - she runs a really great blog with the best Lost fans on the internet. I can't do links but just go to my list of blogs I follow to find her:)
ReplyDeleteLove, love, love this post. Oh I laughed, I cried, it became a part of me.
ReplyDeleteI am pretty sure the viewer you are referring to is a stereoscope.