Friday, December 4, 2009

And Just Where Have You Been?

OK so! I have been reading Under The Dome as much as I can and I am on page 803. There have been two Lost references so far (one about a follow up series called "The Hunted Ones" - cool! Oh, from your fingers to God's ear, Stephen).
Also, I am rapidly becoming an old person and I can't stop listening to CBC radio. In the shower, in the car, doing the dishes. "Shh! Mommy is listening to life story of an old jazz man" and "Quiet - I need to hear about the housing crisis!"
Taking kiddo to a movie today - Planet 51, it supposed to be a bomb but he knows his mind and that's what he wants. Last time I took him to a movie it was in Imax 3D! Haha, the goof kept taking off his goggles and saying "Mom! Look at me - I'm in 3D!" Then he insisted on watching the rest of the film with his goggles perched on his nose and tipping his head up and down while saying (in a full-volume 5 year old voice) "Regular! Blurry! Regular! Blurry!"

We left about 45 mins into that one which was longer than we lasted at Kung Fu Panda...he decided it was too loud and started yelling at the projection booth :/

Wish me luck!

4 comments:

  1. Just you wait! One day your baby boy will be on the precipice of the teen-age years and movie night will involve the following statements, “ Ew, gross Mom, this is not a date!” And my favorite, “Uh, Mom, you don’t think Hugh Jackman is sexy, do you?” (Apparently I was concentrating a little too much.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you Goodlucj Joan!!! Oooo, Kung Fu panda- Is so funny cartoon!!! :)
    You saw it???(it's from this cartoon):

    http://dispatchesfromtheme.blogspot.com/2009/05/oogway-is-returned.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Melanie - Haha! Oh God, I don't know what I am going to do with a couple of surly pre-teens. Try my hardest not to make snarky comments back. Try.

    @Jenea - Yeah, it was a good one :) Nice picture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recommend that, as they age, you invest heavily in Velcro and Duct tape. I'm just sayin'.

    Miss ya... Hope life continues well... Must start writing more again. (That goes for both of us :p)

    ReplyDelete