Friday, September 11, 2009

I'm Going To Iceland! Maybe!

Wooh! My best friend and I are "hammering out" the details to go sometime this Fall (or, not as exciting: possibly next year)! Possibly anyway - which, let's face it, is as close as I've come so far in terms of visiting "foreign lands" (Canada and the US don't really provide a culture shock for one another. Except for the milk in bags - that seems to weird most Americans out. When you go from Canada to the US, or vice versa - it is more like the Twilight Zone: It seems a lot like my country but everything is just slightly and disturbingly off)

I have always wanted to go to Iceland...in a "never-knew-this-was-a-lifetime-goal-until-you-just-mentioned-it" way. There are only 300,000 people in Iceland, isn't that cute!? Don't you just want to pick little Iceland up and hug it? "There, there, Little Guy, you'll be back on your feet before you know it!"

you know what else is cute about Iceland?

They eat boiled sheep's heads! Plural!

Behold:

Gross - Like anyone is going to eat that Mystery Scoop of Yellow Slop.

Going to a spa! A real "we invented this 'sitting outside in the freezing cold while slowly boiling to death' shit" Spa.

Shit Spa? Gross, that wasn't in the brochure. But I have heard they are quite relaxing *wink* (I pooped in the tub once. But it was like a whole year ago! For God's sakes, get over it already! Heh, I was actually only 2 and I regret nothing!)

So, to prepare, I went online to git me one a dem string berkinis all dem girls wear. I wasn't too successful :( It was a little disheartening, but in the end, I decide my old one is still pretty hot. Plus, it matches my purse that I use to carry around extra sheep heads.


That blue wrist band proves I was allowed entry into the "Gettin' Jiggly With It" wet t-shirt contest.

It is going to (potentially) be awesome!

8 comments:

  1. Hello Joan,
    First off, I would make out with that boiled sheep's head before that bag of leather and bones, and I hope you have an amazing time in Iceland (potentially).
    Second, I did notice your post on my ghost town of a blog. THANK YOU! I had hit a wall in my writing inspiration and kind of gave up. I suck. Now that I have seen a fresh comment on my blog, I have been inspired. I always follow Nikki and have been keeping up with the re-watch. I have enjoyed your comments and I am very pleased that you found some of my blog to be interesting.
    So, in response to your post that you have probably forgotten about:
    Northern Exposure totally rocks. Always force it on the non-believers, they will thank you eventually.
    I have already registered for Lost U. Just waiting to get my acceptance package. (DamonCarltonandaPolarBear.com has also been very weird and interesting.)
    I do not have Blu-Ray and it is also a concern for me, but I don't plan on getting one any time soon. Hopefully we won't miss to much.
    I'm back! So please feel free to visit any time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I am glad you saw my comment - and I am glad it helped nudge you along to write more - as I think your posts are very entertaining and I am always hungry for more good stuff to read.
    Lost U starts in 10 days! I have no plans of getting a Blu-Ray either and I will be mad (more like sad) if I miss a bunch of cool stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, that closed eye! Bet there are teeth in there as well! You always choose great photos for your blogs.
    I've had a few friends come back from Iceland and they loved it - very expensive they tell me, but well worth a visit.
    I'm another huge fan of Northern Exposure, singing the theme tune now. I wanna see it again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Lorna - Ha! You're right! I have been trying to put my finger on just what makes this picture Super Creepy (besides the fact that, you know, it's an entire sheep's head) and it IS the closed eye! Eee! It makes it seem like it is sleeping peacefully - and not a just a dead boiled head! Ack! Did you notice the gross holes where the ears used to be? Blargh!
    It is so funny, as soon as you mentioned you were singing the tune, I did too! And then I saw a shiny object and forgot where I was and what I was doing for a minute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I kinda thought the sheep head was enough myself.

    But yay for traveling and doing fun things with friends! I hope it all comes to fruition!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bwa hahaha! That was my hearty laugh for the day :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Frank - Oh, yes the head is creepy! The more I look at it, the worse it gets (the mouth! Ah, God, the smiling mouth! Help me God, it reminds of a My Little Pony now!) Yeah - I am really excited about going!

    @Sonshine - Thanks for coming to my blog! It makes me happy to make people laugh :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. In fact, I think I have an old My Little Pony that looks just like that. I had a very strange childhood. jk LOL!

    ReplyDelete