Wednesday, August 26, 2009

You Said People Come From Creatures...


I would've stayed in church if we got to hear about this adventure
Click Above - Amazing. Just Amazing.

Part Two, About a week later:

Kiddo: So, when is the dog going to become a person?
Me: Sorry?
K: You said people come from creatures and he is a dog creature...so, when is he going to be a boy?
Me: No, no, honey. People are people now...we finished, uh, morphing a long time ago.
K: What's Morking mean?
Me: Morphing, it means changing.
K: Ohh...
Me: So, he's a dog and always will be a dog and you're a human and always will be.
K: I am pretty sure I used to a lizard.
Me: No, baby, you were always a human; trust me.
K:*very quietly* I am pretty sure I used to be a lizard.

So, I have failed terribly in my attempt to explain evolution to a hyper inquisitive 4 year old. I now understand the frustration of people attempting to relay the Bible:

Prophet: And God formed the Earth over billions of years...
Writer: How long is a "billions of years"? Like a day?
Prophet: No, much longer! Longer than you can possibly imagine!
Writer: Like 2 days?
Prophet: Much Longer!
Writer: Like a week?
Prophet: Yes. Yes, for the love of God, just write down "a week".

No comments:

Post a Comment