Oh, you already know what one looks like? Shit...Today, he wanted to put up pictures of stop signs everywhere and I was like "I'll do ya one better - let's stick giant stops signs made out of painter's tape up everywhere!"
So, we do this and he loves it. He's beaming at our work and he turns to me and says:
"Mom, you are my best girl in the whole world." What a smoothie, eh?
I, of course, was *bursting* with love and I go
"Thanks, baby! You're my best boy in the whole world"
Unfortunately, the feelings he had for me left as quickly as they came and he goes:
"I know that, Mom. Gosh, I know that already." And goes off to other stuff that 4 year old boys do.
My own 4 year old calls me the best mummy he's ever had. And I'm like "ya think?"
ReplyDeleteHaha! I know, they like to lay on the charm don't they? Mine usually only calls me "best girl" when he wants ice cream or cartoons. "C'mon, Mom, you know you are my best girl...you know that."
ReplyDeleteHow sweet boys you have...
ReplyDeleteI give it ten years... Twelve on the outside, before you go into his room to check on him one day and see an actual stop sign leaning against the bed. Do yourself a favor at this point and DO NOT ASK. Any answer you get at this point will be a lie. And you know will know it is a lie. Seriously. Its not worth it.
ReplyDeleteAnd another one! Three now! GAHHHHH!!!!
ReplyDeleteAwww bugger! I saved a puppy!
ReplyDelete@Freak - Aw, thanks! I checked out your blog - you are an amazing artist!
ReplyDelete@Frank - Haha - you're right! I am actually waiting for our first 'shoplifting incident'. You know, where I go in his room and see a small pile of uncut keys or some such thing and we have to back to the store to return them. It'll be fun!
ReplyDelete