Kiddo: This is a tunnel, Mom!
Me: You keep saying that...
Kiddo: Stop calling it Tent City!
Husband: Yeah, Mom, you little Mongolian Yak Herder.
Me: Whatever, dudes. If you need me, I'll be in quadrant 3 of Tent City.
Kiddo: It's a tunnel!

This is actually a pretty fair representation of me. Bastard was right.
Then the baby got up from her nap and joined us in Tent City, which had now been temporarily renamed "Dark Cave That We Need A Flashlight For!". The dog was supposed to be a bear (poor guy, he didn't know what the hell was going on and why we all would yell and scurry away from him. Ah, well, he'll get over it. Eventually.), but the baby kept getting out of character and yelling "Good Dog!" while she clapped her hands. Amateur.
Eventually, I convinced my son to call it Tent City and he ended our playtime with this little gem:
"I wish I could live in a Tent City when I grow up."
My work here is done.
I hope for your sake that he doesn't follow through with his ambitions to be a hobo but I suppose there could be worse things.
ReplyDeleteEither way, it sounds like you had fun. In the unlikely event that I ever accidentally breed, I will have to remember this story to try out myself.
Wait... Maybe I can do it now...
I know - I had forgotten how awesome playing Tent City was! You could have a party and make a tunnel to the bathroom - that way others will be forced to join in the merriment.
ReplyDeleteGuest: "I'm not going in the tunnel."
You: "Well, then, you can pee yourself, pal. Your choice, Pee Pants, your choice."
Ok, had to leave a comment for this one. I've been attempting to back read your posts since finding your blog. Laughed so hard with this one because my 9 year old daughter was outside - while I read this - making a tent out of 5 blankets and a tree. Yes 5, and 5 CLEAN blankets no less! AND A TREE! I ask you...
ReplyDelete@Melanie - And I can see the look of utter shock on her face that you didn't think that was a great idea!
ReplyDelete