Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Oooh! Adult content - don't you wish. Dirty birdy. OK, fine - I'll give you your R rating: Boobs.

Tonight, a man came to the door to inform me of all the great deals and menu changes at some local pizza place. I said "Neat, but, I am in the middle of dinner..." he continues blathering away about boneless chicken wings and so I repeat myself. He gets all "huffy" and goes "Oh, sorry, you're so important. I'll just give you a menu" and stomps off.

I sat back down to dinner gloating about how important I am.

Now that I am getting older, almost 30, I feel slightly miffed at the fact that dinner time is no longer sacred and that telemarketers call at 9 pm. What ever happened to the good old days of me not getting up till 4 pm and being drunk by 9pm?

The world hasn't changed, baby, I have...

3 comments:

  1. Oh, sorry, you're so important

    Oh. Wow. *rolls eyes* Silly people.

    verif Word: Sescuesi, shortened form of "Say excuse me, you impertinent child!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Based on your stories, it seems like you have WAY more door-to-door salesmen than anyplace I have ever lived. Are you living in Kansas during the Great Depression? Do any of them sell Bibles or cures for rheumatism?

    Anyway, here I am playing catch-up, four years later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete